Sunday, May 6, 2007

FOREWORD (for those who stumble upon this blog)

Dear Visitor,

I love human beings. I value human life over any of earth's material offerings. I value people's experiences, creativity, and diversity. More importantly, I try my best to follow the path of tolerance, compassion, love, and forgiveness.

But sometimes human beings piss me off - plain and simple. They have the ability to perform some of the stupidest, most obnoxious things on a daily basis. Like its members, "Society" also chaps my ass occasionally. I get frustrated. I can't help it. I apologize.

At The Vent I plan on turning that frustration into a good laugh, on blogging about the good and the bad, about positive reactions and negative ones; it'll be a place for me to show my appreciation for things in life or merely to blow off some steam (in a caustically cynical but humorous way). All in all, it'll be a space for me to archive my zany ideas and opinions on the world, culture, and everyday life.

To those who
share similar experiences and find a kernel of truth in what I write, you're not alone. To those who see the humor behind my seemingly unforgiving criticism, enjoy. To those who are easily offended by it, lighten up.

Peace,

the Nebes

No comments: