Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pennies

"The total is 2 dollars, 91 cents." I hand the 5 dollar bill to her. She seizes it and as she stuffs it in the register I realize the huge mistake I had just made, and rush to tell her "I have a penn...!"- SHUT. She hands me four pennies and a nickel...

Years ago, they would have asked you, as a courtesy: "Do you happen to have a penny?" In order to save you the effort of having a shit load of copper weighing you down. The lady was quick: She knew that in this world, today, you can't give away all your nickels, dimes, and quarters; even when they don't own the money...

So here is what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna get as many pennies as I can, melt the copper, and fashion a gun out of it, which I will then use to let them know what wonderful things can be done with the unwanted pennies.

No comments: